🐼 I'm quitting- Antigua, Guatemala
That’s right, buh-bye weekly articles, heeello weekly 5-minute summaries! Also what the hell is a disco bong? More on that in a sec.
😯 What is this?
- I’ll be making these types of posts now instead of articles (trends.vc style)
- I’ll write/email a 5-minute summary like this every Sunday
- Content/timing will be more consistent so you know what to expect
- I’ll still write articles, just less frequently and when it’s worth it
🤷♀️ Why bru?
- Articles take aaages to write, are long, and topics are too different. Not everyone cares or has the time to read them.
- Summaries will be easier to write so I can be more consistent
- Most of you want to follow my journey. This will be better for that.
- It’s been 6 months and I want a change
So let’s begin!
🦾 What I built this week
- Tests. Lots of tests.
- I made a huge effort to write end-to-end UI tests on the site and extension. I want Panda Snap to be high quality and testing is key.
- Found, organised, and fixed a ton of bugs
👀 What I’m working on
- Unified log-in so using the extension ‘just works’
- Improving the browse UI so it’s easier to browse snaps
- Improving the onboarding so new users have a better first experience
- Pictures coming in the next email 🖼
✨ New discoveries
- Paul Jarvis - a writer with very similar ideals to mine 👌
- Fuck social media - I’m taking action to use it less (especially Reddit)
- Priority maps - a way to prioritise tasks by competing criteria. I made good use of it this week to prioritise bugs.
🤯 Random free ideas
- AutoMinutes - records a meeting, transcribes the conversation, creates a summary of minutes, and emails attendees.
- Disco bong - Decorated, translucent bongs with a light underneath. When you lift up the bong the light starts flashing to create a funky scene. It’s next level with smoke (yes, a buddy and I made this once).
- Hack the media - a podcast exploring the best publicity stunts via interviews. Uses said stunts to grow the cast.
Hope you like the new format. Catch you this Sunday for more 👋