🚢 Onboarding rocks- Antigua, Guatemala
My goals this week were ‘code less, market more’.
Well I coded again…
😕 It’s disappointing
- The phrase “it’s disappointing” kills me. I heard this when I first launched Panda Snap and I knew I dropped the ball.
- The lesson? Onboarding is critical.
- “When you lose a user’s interest during onboarding they typically never return”
- This week I realised the onboarding still sucked. I wanted to improve it before maximising my marketing efforts.
You get the idea - I did more onboarding this week 😉
🌷 Show me the goods!
⏪ It’s playback time
- So I’ll say it again: 🤞 this week I’ll do less coding and more marketing
- And my themed days plan? I’m changing to themed mornings.
- I’ll do stuff that feels like work in the morning and reward myself with code later
🗽 Open source indie hacking
- My indie hacking buddy Jim made a good suggestion to me this week: “why not do OS projects?”
- Can a ‘coder mentality’ make money? 🤔
- Well Caleb earned 100k from Github sponsors this year
- Mike open sourced Sidekiq and makes $80,000/month
- And Adam open sourced Tailwind CSS but made $2,000,000 selling premium Tailwind UI templates
So yes you can! 💰 It doesn’t sound easy, but neither is starting a business.
🤯 Random free ideas
- Findr - Tinder-style job searching app. Trash boring job descriptions and make job searching sexy again. Candidates and companies learn about each other in a visual and relaxed format. Both swipe right to set up an interview.
- Brand Wars - A novelty ad site where you pit brands against each other. Prices start low and brands bid to one-up each other and take up more ad space.
- Colour Chief - An AI automation tool which edits photos. Photographers give it a target style (for say a wedding) and the AI converts their entire photoset to match it. This would literally save me 100s of hours of work.